Thursday, April 28, 2011

Retiring Teachers



We have some wonderful teachers that are retiring this year. Take a moment to share your thoughts on one or more of these teachers: Mrs Bowen, Mrs O'Malley, Mrs. Metzler, and Mrs. Burcham. We will miss them all!

178 comments:

  1. Mrs. BOWEN was my first grade teacher. I loved her because she was so nice. I also had Mrs. METZLER for math and social studies. I loved both of these teachers sincerely WILLIAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will truly miss miss Mrs.O'Mally. You always gave me starburst. You were really nice to me. I will really really miss you. Bye Bye.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Mrs.metzler. She was so nice. she tought me so much.I will miss her so much.I hope she has a good year!!!!!!!

    from,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will really miss all the teachers that are going to retire. Especial all the teachers that my siter and I have had in the past. I have had many momories with these teachers and I think that it is sad that they are going to retire. I loved how Miss. Metzler had a class fo children to learn how to knit. Well, any way they will be dearly missed. Goodby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember in Mrs. Metzler’s class reading Wayside stories. Onetime in Mrs. O’Malley’s class I got a candy for a right answer. Mrs. Bowen taught me to read. Diana 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  6. In science Mrs. Metzler told us about this cool building and I went to see it and it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when I turned my card and had to go to Mrs. O Malleys classroom for recess.


    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  8. In second grade Mrs. O’Malley told us these funny Wayside school books I liked the second the best.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Burcham. My sister, Cameron is in Mrs. Burcham’s class. She says she is nice. Cameron says you teach fun games. Ryder 3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. mrs. O’Malley was the best. I got a piece of candy because got a answer right. Weston 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear, Mrs. Metzler

    You are the best knitting teacher in the world!!!!!! I had made a sweater this year it was so mach fun!!!! Chloe 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrs. Metzler was my social studies teacher when I was in 2nd grade. She taught us about the pioneers. She was the best teacher. Hunter3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when Mrs. Metzler did a candy contest I won all the candy we had to estimate. I was the closest so I won. Joe 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Mrs. Metzler
    I remember when Mrs. Metzler taught us about dinosaurs.
    Tom 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In science she told us about this building and I saw it and it was cool.
    From
    Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember in math last year Mrs. Metzler made a mistake on a problem and we all laughed my head off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also remember when you taught me how to knitter


    Ellie 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember when I was not knitting rite and Mrs. Metzler helped me, I now am really good at knitting. Mrs. O’Malley was my science teacher she was really nice she made things fun she was I great teach teacher .Mrs. Metzler is nice and I will miss her I will also miss Mrs. O’Malley . Thank you for being nice to me. Anna Belle 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I remember in second grade you would read Wayside School, and always change the names up. Those stories were really funny!!!!! Plus if we got a hard answer right you would give us a liquorish. You are a great teacher and I am sad you have to leave. I will miss you dearly and Mr.Metzler to.


    Love,Katharyn!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember when I had Mrs. O’Malley for social studies and she helped us with our make our social studies book that we made in second grade. I still have the book that we made. I have it where my two year old brother can’t get to it. Because that is how special it is to me. I still remember when we made them. I still remember all the steps we did. I wish I could have you again for my social studies teacher before you are going to retire. You are an amazing teacher.
    Brooke 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mrs. Metzler was my 2nd grade teacher. She was really nice! I remember when she gave me a tic-tac-toe board for being good. I’m really sad that she is leaving :(She was one of my favorite teachers! :)! MAGGIE 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Mrs. O’Malley,
    I still remember the time you helped me social studies with my project because I was so behind on it. That project was really cool. You made social studies really fun. From, Diana 3rd

    Dear Mrs. Bowen
    I still remember field day with you. It was so fun. Now here is a poem,
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    You are awesome,
    Sweet, funny and cool
    From,
    Diana 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Mrs. Metzler ,
    You are a funny teacher , you make learning fun to me . Thank you for being my social studies teacher .


    From Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember when Mrs. Metzler told us in math that she had spilled coffee all over our homework. Mrs. Metzler was a gerat math teacher! Andy 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mrs. Metzler I remember when I got candy for getting a answer rite. AUSTIN 3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I remember when Mrs. Metzler came to my soccer game.
    I also remember when I kicked the soccer ball and it hit your window.
    I kind of remember when I had you for math for a little while.
    Ryan 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember that Mrs. Metzler said to us a math problem. But she did not say the whole thing so everybody could not get the answer. Then someone said it was impossible then she read it over and she started laughing. Then she said she messed it up then we all stated laughing. Alex 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mrs. Adam’s gave me a piece of candy.
    Dawson 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  28. I remember when Mrs. Omally AWsome:)
    .she was my 2nd grade teacher:).she was was nice;). Kobi 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  29. I remember that Mrs. Metzler said to us a math problem. But she did not say the whole thing so everybody could not get the answer. Then someone said it was impossible then she read it over and she started laughing. Then she said she messed it up then we all stated laughing. Alex 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  30. I remember in 1st grade when Mrs. Bowen tought me to read.
    She was strict but kind hearted.
    Amy 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mrs. Bowen was my 1st grade teacher. She read us good books from the series My Fathers Dragon. I still read the books every once and a while. She was so much fun:)!

    Even though I did not have Mrs. O’Malley my sister said she is the best:)!

    Mrs. Metzler was my math and social study teacher she was the best at both. I remember when Mrs. Metzler forgot part of the question and did not now and when she found out she started cracking up. I remember when she would fill jars with candy and make us guess how much was in there and who ever was the closed won the jar. I once one a jar of candy:)! Mila 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Mrs.Meztler I really am going to miss you so much my biggest memories were that i knitted with you that was so much fun when you leave i will miss you by caitlyn.4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Mrs Bowen,
    Thank you so much for teaching me how to read and write!! I am going to miss you so much!! My biggest memory I had with you was being an excelerated reader. You are an amazing teacher!!
    I hope you have a good time with your grandchildren!!
    Carly 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  34. When I was in first grade I was in Mrs.Bowen's class. My favorite memory was excelerated reading where we had to read a book and then take the test. I had the record and I still do. At the end of the week we get prizes for how well we do. I was always going above she had to make new prizes for me. First Grade was a very fun time.
    Dunham (the record holder)4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope the teachers have a good time retiring.They really deserve a break.
    I don't have many memories but they were wonderful teachers and I learned alot from
    them.Chris 4ourth grade

    ReplyDelete
  36. In first grade I had Mrs.Bowen and she tought me how to read. I also enjoyed lisening to the story that she read like Charlotes Web By E.B White. I am very sad that next year no more First graders will be abale to have Mrs. Bowen as a teatcher.
    Kevin 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  37. I had a good time with Mrs.Metzler. I had a great time on prary day with her.I well never forget the dust frirys in second grade. The time that we did our dinisord book. i will miss mrs.Metzler.
    Ramona forth grade

    ReplyDelete
  38. In secend grade I hade Mrs.O'Malley. Let me tell you I though she was ver kind and helpful. I remember making the dinosaur book sence I love dinosaurs I hade so much fun riting and drawing this book. I also very much injoyed the desk fary who delivered a treat or toy every once ing a while. All in all I thuoght she was the coolest secend grade teacher ever!
    Beckett4 9

    ReplyDelete
  39. I had Mrs.Bowen for first grade and she was the awesomest teacher ever!!!!!!!!!! I am going to miss her sooooooo much! My most favorite memory was her "Desk Fairy" tradition with different candies for different holidays and anot that would praise you for a clean desk.I will miss you sooooooooooo much Mrs.Bowen!!!!!

    Your most favorite student,
    Marlowe 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  40. I had such a great time in second grade my greatest memory was the dinosaur books. One other thing I loved was the desk fairy I loved getting candy for my clean desk. I also loved the dinosaur play it was so fun.
    Ross fourth grade

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm so sad that Mrs. Metzler is retiring!! I had her in 2nd grade and I will miss her. I was in the knitting club every Wednesday and Thursday. I had fun doing the gingerbread houses and prairie day. I remember that Mrs. Metzler gave you a piece of candy if she forgot your name. I had tons of fun in 2nd grade beacause of Mrs. Metzler.
    Kameron, 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  42. I had both Mrs. O'Mally and Mrs. Bowen and I am very sad to see them leave. I will miss both of them very much. The clean desk fairy was so cute!! I will always remember Mrs. Bowen because she taut me how to read. Mrs. O'Malley helped me so much when I was having trouble with my school work. I remember in first grade that we did accelerated reader and we got huge pixe sticks as a prize. Mrs. O'Malley was so encouraging and so was Mrs. Bowen. I hope they have fun adventures where ever they go next!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I had such a great time in second grade. My most memberable thing was when we did the dinasour books. I also liked the dinasour play. And when we made marble bags and play marbles.


    Brendan fouth grade

    ReplyDelete
  44. Mrs. Metzler,
    I am deeply sad that you are leaving Wilder. I still remember the day that I first came here. I have a lot of memories that I will always cherish. When I was in second grade, I admired how you delt with problems. You are one of my most wonderful teachers that I have ever had. One of my sisters is in your class. She also feels the same way about you leaving Wilder. Prarie day was my favorite activity. My sister also enjoyed it. You were a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Metzler.
    Avery 4 Edgerly

    ReplyDelete
  45. Mrs.Bowen was my 1st grade teacher and I couldn't of asked for a better one than her. I was soooooooooooo sad when I heard that she was leaving. Mrs.Bowen was the teacher that tought me how to read. Also she had this really cool computer program that allowed us to take tests on it! Finaly I am so sad that Mrs.Bowen is leaving. ):

    ReplyDelete
  46. My name is Harrison and I have had most of these ausom techers for some of my school activitys. And they rock i'm really sad that they are leaving this year.
    H.R 4 Edgerly

    ReplyDelete
  47. Mrs.Bowen you were such a great teacher I remember all those great memorious like the desk fary you put in are desk if we had a clean desk. Exelerated reader was a blast I remember when I got A big pixie stick.The butterfly pavilian was sooooooooo much fun there was so many different kind's of butterfly's.

    your 2008 student Ian

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mrs.O'Malley
    You were a good techre you aways say hi to pepople in hall. All in all you are a good techer. from George

    ReplyDelete
  49. I had Mrs.Bowen and she was an awesome teacher we kids had sooooooo much fun moments with her such as........ desk fariy when she would give us candy when we had a clean desk and the exelertaited reading I am sooo sad your leaving but you did a great share at wilder!!
    THANKS
    Cassidy 4E

    ReplyDelete
  50. I did not have any of these teachers but I know that they are all great teachers because they are wilder teachers. I had Mrs. Metsler for nitting and Mrs. O'mally for Socal Studdys. My friends Carly and Cassidy had Mrs. Bowen and my friend Chloes brother had Mrs. burchum. So I know these are all nice teachers and that we will miss them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am really sad that Mrs. O'Malley is retiring because she was my second grade teacher. Goodbye Mrs. O'Malley!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I was in Mrs omalley class She was so nice I liked her so much.Goodbye Mrs o malley blake

    ReplyDelete
  53. I will miss Mrs.O'Malley alot.She has been a great teacher.

    Nicole F.3rd

    ReplyDelete
  54. I had Mrs. Bowen for first grade. She was a great teacher. I will miss all the teachers that are leaving.

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  55. If I new those teachers I bet that they were pretty nice to get all these comments. 3rd grader Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  56. I loved Mrs.O'Malley like she was my own mom.Mrs.O'Malley always gave us candy Mrs.O'Malley was the best teacher in second grade! I love you Mrs.O'Malley!

    Love Stella

    ReplyDelete
  57. I remember when I had Mrs.O`Malley for 2nd Grade.

    ReplyDelete
  58. You were all great teachers. I hope you have fun on your retired years. Good-bye Good-bye
    William S.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I liked all of the teachers and hope they had a fun time teaching.They were all very nice and Ive had fun experences.I will never foget all of the teahers and they will be missed a lot.


    JACKSON 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  60. Mrs.metsler was a great teacher. I also loved her kniting class.
    Austria 3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  61. I will miss all the teachers that are retiring this year greatly. They are all very nice and some of them I've shared great memories with. Like in math with Mrs. Metzler, she was reading us a problem and forgot some of the information. The class couldn't figure out the answer. She finally figured out that she didn't give enough information and we started laughing histaricly. I will miss these teachers

    Katie 3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  62. I had Mrs.Metzler for 2nd grade. She was the nicest teacher. My favorite thing about Mrs.Metzler is in math class we got to guess how many candies were in a jar.

    Grant 3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  63. Dear Mrs Metzler,
    I will miss you and you are doing great on the nitting. Have a good time forever. You will be a good mother forever. Take care Mrs Metzler.

    ReplyDelete
  64. you were the best mrs.O'malley. john

    ReplyDelete
  65. I remember that Mrs. O'Malley helped me make a book. I still have that book and I will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I will miss the teachers that are retiring.I had Mrs.O Malley in 2nd grade.To bad their retiring!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I had a good memory with Mrs.Omalley and Mrs. Metzler.I Sometimes knit with Mrs. Metzler and Mrs. Omalley.I LOVE both teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I think you are a relly good teacher. I remember that I was the nurse.I even got a nurse ruber duckey. I found just about everything for you.Im having a good year in third grade.I hope you have a good ritirment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I will miss all the techers that are living.I remember kniting with Mrs.Mesler. I ll miss all the techers!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I will miss Mrs. Metzler.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Mrs.O'Malley, I think you are so awesome. From the day I met you until now.You forever and ever will be my favorite second grade teacher! Aileen 2rd

    ReplyDelete
  72. Miss O'Malley was afun techer. In math we would
    play bingo.I remed doing the conte bookes.




    AnnaMarie 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  73. Mrs O'malley was a great teacher and did lots of fun things with us like the mothers day project and the dinosaur books. I remember when Mrs. Metzler thought she had the answer right and she didn't! All in all, Mrs. Metzler and Mrs. O'malley were great teachers.

    Brendan 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  74. Mrs.o'Malley,I will really miss you every time I eat a starburst.You gave them out whenever we got a hard question right- even if you helped us out.You were smart and kind,even if we mess up badly.to thank you, I will send you "I miss you"
    messages once a week.Thanks for every thing you did.
    Emily 2

    ReplyDelete
  75. I remember when Mrs. O'Malley for Halloween dressed up as thing 3! I remember on inrichment day Mrs. O'Malley helped me alot and she was very helpful on every holiday for everyone too! And she is the best teacher you could ever imagine! I wish all of you in first grade could have Mrs. O'Malley
    Kelly 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  76. I was in Mrs.O Mally,s class.she was awesome.
    i love Ms.O Mally.she would tell me to stop talking.But she was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I like Mrs. O' Malley a lot. She is very nice. She gives us starberst if we get a question right. Adison 2

    ReplyDelete
  78. Mrs.O'.mally is a wonderful teacher. I remember on Halloween when all the teachers dressed up like the cat and the hat. That is why I like Mrs.O'mally.

    Anna2cnd

    ReplyDelete
  79. I will miss Mrs. O'malley. I loved the Halloween party .!!!!!!!!!!!!!We did the gussing jar.I was so close to winning it.!!!!!!!!!!!! I also realy,realy loved prarie Day!!!!!!!! In our room theree was Mrs. Slouka our group won getting across even thou we had to stop alot we stil made it across first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish she was not leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lauren 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  80. I will miss Mrs O'Malley and Mrs. Metzler I really liked Mrs. Metzler as a math teacher.she is a great math teacher. I will really miss her.Mrs.O'Malley is a awesome teacher. she is a nice teacher.I liked when Mrs.O'Malley was a thing 1 or 2 or 3
    I will miss you
    Bye Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I wish Mrs.O'mally wasn't leaving. We had so much fun together,such as...

    The Halloween party. That costume was hilarias!!I also loved making the mothers day progect!

    Henry 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  82. I had mrs o'mally.I loved when you dress up on Halloween like thing one.I liked mrs o'mally so much. Caitlin 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  83. I will miss Mrs.O'Malley a ton.I rember when she told me to wirte because 30 times but I acidently worte it 80 times.I also remeber doing are Litleton/prarie booklet that was realy fun.I love it when she gives us starburst.I will Mrs.O'Malley a lot.
    From,
    Landon 2

    ReplyDelete
  84. Mrs. O' Mally is a very nice teacher.I will miss her alot. I liked the mothers day gift she helped us with . I remember when she dressed up like thing three for Halloween. I remember when we first started special week and monthly memories. I also remember all about future me. she is a great teacher. Ava 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  85. Mrs. O`malley helped us make our mother day project. She did all the stapiling. I remember doing future me with her it was fun. I also remember when we did are dinosaur books

    Mrs. Metzer is a fun math teacher She lets us play games alot.

    Mrs.Bowen dressed up as a spider.

    Julianna 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  86. I will miss you very much Mrs.O'Mally.My favorite thing to do in second grade was praire day.I still rember what the butter tasted like.I also liked dinsaur research.My dinsaur was corythasaurs.Alin all you will always be my favorite teacher.Tanner 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  87. You are so nice Mrs.Omlly.I relly wont you for 3 grad.I like when you teche us history.Like when you teche us adout Dinosaures and adout the 7 cotnins.I like when you help me withare mother day project.Iwish you were not leving.I am going to miss you Mrs.Omlly.go bi.Montana 2

    ReplyDelete
  88. Mrs.O'Mally was a grate techer. I will never forget the time you helped us with the Mothers Day Progect.I think my mom will love it because of you.I will also never forget the time you dressed up as one of the things from cat and the hat for holloween.I will miss you veary veary much. Erika 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  89. Mrs.Omalley you are a great teacher because you are very nice.You make us du very fun prageks.I will mis you. Sebastian 2

    ReplyDelete
  90. I had Mrs.O'Malley she was so nice.I thnk it was rilly fun when we did the mothers day project.The best part about it was when we made the pots I chose purple for my pot color.I also liked when we did our dinosaur study.My dinosaur was the Deinyochus.It was rilly fun doing our dinosaur study.I also liked how Mrs.O'Malley always helps us if we do not get something like a qoution.I think Mrs.O'Malley was the best teacher ever.I just want to say that I will rilly miss you.
    Gabrielle 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  91. Dear Mrs. O.Mally you are special because you are always help us to understand what we are doing. Next, when we get starbrst when we get an anser right. finally, you make us do a lot of writting because you want us to be good book writers. David 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  92. I will miss Mrs O'Malley and Mrs Bowen.I like thos techers.I remember when Mrs o'mally was thing 3. Last yere Mis Bowen was a spiter.
    wylie 2 grade

    ReplyDelete
  93. I will realy miss you Mrs O'Mally.I remember when we made the mother's day gift my mom loved it.I also remember when we did the dinosaur book I liked the velosorapter.You always give us a starburst and you are soooooooo nice.So far you are the best teacher and I wish that you dident have to retire. Bye Bye. Oscar 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  94. Dear Mrs.O'Malley,I remember your birthday everybody brought flowers and made a card.I also remeber the socil study book that we made that was prtty fun.You were my favorite teacher.I allways will remember you I hope you will remember me.
    Sammy 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  95. Mrs.O`Malley I will really miss you.I remember when we did the friendship hands.I remember when it was your birthday and you had a giant cookie cake and I love when you give us starburst. Savannah 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  96. I rily liked Mrs. OMaly . One time when we were playing math biengo I said biengo and I said 10 plus 10=20 but she said 1000 plus 1000=2000 then evereebuty started lathfing but she said it's o'k you got the antsur right you new the answer so you can get a candy
    Rex 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  97. Mrs. Metzler, I loved going to your room for social studies. You were so fun. I looked forward to coming to your room every day.

    sincerely,

    Quinn, grade 4

    ReplyDelete
  98. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I have had you for nitting and it was awesome. You showed me how to nit and I am not going to forget this time.

    I wish you the best,
    Caroline 4S

    ReplyDelete
  99. Mrs. O'Malley was my 2nd grade teacher. She was also my sister's 2nd grade teacher. She was an awesome teacher and I have many fun memories from bieng her student. I loved the Wayside School stories that she read. Thanks for being such an awesome teacher!

    From,
    your former student,
    Alex Kim 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  100. Im sad that ms metsler has to leave no more wayside school



    aa

    ReplyDelete
  101. Good bye teachers. Even though I never had any of you, I jest want to say good bye. See you later.
    Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  102. I remember having Mrs. O'Malley for my second grade teacher. That year was so fun. I remember doing the plant experiment. I am sad that I'm not in that class anymore because she made second grade so fun.

    Landrey 4 Sharton

    ReplyDelete
  103. Dear Mrs. Metzler,
    I am going to miss you next year. I am also going to miss knitting with you. When I was 2nd grade you taught so much stuff I will always rember the stuff you taught me. I also loved the Wayside stories you read to us.
    Ava 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  104. Mrs.bowen was one of the best teachers I had she was kind, friendly, and awsome. I will be so sad when she leaves wilder.

    Trinity-4s

    ReplyDelete
  105. I had Mrs,Bowen in first grade and she was a wonderful teacher to have had.She was super nice and she always had a new fun thing for us to do.The year I had Mrs.Bowen was one of my best years at wilder.I am really sad she is leaving, but Ibet she still has more adventures yet to come!
    kylie 4S

    ReplyDelete
  106. Mrs.Omalley I liked it when we planted plantes for the since fair. I will miss her very mush ,from sam S-4

    ReplyDelete
  107. I was in Mrs. bowens class for fist grade and i remeber she made me make my g's with a circle and a monkey tail. Also i was in Mrs. Metzler's class for second grade and i remeber kniting with her.

    love, Grace 4-S

    ReplyDelete
  108. Mrs.Metzeler a great techer. She gave out the most important imformation. She's been so nice since the begining. Mrs.Metzeler had even put together an exclusive knitting club for other people. Forever she will be remembered for her kindness. Hope to see you again.
    Sydney 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  109. I loved Mrs.Omalley she was the best second grade teacher ever im am going to miss her very much when she retires. I had some very good times with her like when we had the root beer floats because we earned a party you never forgot the old students and I hope you had fun whith the new ones! all in all you were the best second grade teacher have ever had. I will miss you so much and thank you for teaching me.

    Cameron 4S

    ReplyDelete
  110. Mrs. Metzler,I do not want you to go.You are the best teacher ever!!You let me go at times and you bring me so much joy!!I did knitting with you and I remember when you help me do my first knit and I still have a little piece of it.When I was sad I remember you were always there to make share when you leaved I was happy.You are the nicest teacher ever and I am very sad that you are leaving the school.I hope that you will visit and I will try to find you and give you a hug.

    E.D.8

    ReplyDelete
  111. Mrs.Metzler,

    I will never forget how you showed me how to knit. It was so much fun!! I also loved how you were on the me favorit teachers even though I never had you.

    Abby 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  112. I'm really sad that Mrs.O'Malley is leaving. I remember whenever she would call me Emma because of my sister I would get a starburst. And all of the fun stuff we did when I was in her class!I'm going to miss her!!!!

    Chloe Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  113. I remember in Mrs.Bowen's class when we had the tooth paper that said I Lost My Tooth! I will miss Mrs.Bowen a lot.

    -Bella:)4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  114. Dear Mrs. Metzler,
    I still rember how you taught me to knit." In through the front door around the back peek through the window off jimps jack.


    Mackenna Fourth grade

    ReplyDelete
  115. I had Mrs. O'Malley for second grade social studies. She gave out candy at the end of the day. Mrs. O'Malley made social studies interesting. She was strict but still lots of fun. I am going to miss you Mrs, O'Malley!

    ReplyDelete
  116. I will dearly miss all of the teachers. One of my favorite teachers was Ms. Bowen I remember her reading my fathers dragon and snot stew! that was one of my favorite years :}.

    From mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  117. I will miss Mrs. O'Malley. I had her for second grade as a homeroom teacher.She was really nice. Iam so sad your leaving you were a great teacher. I remember if you would call us the wrong name we would get a piece candy.
    Thanks,
    Chloe 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  118. I remember when Mrs.Metzler use to calm me down when I was feeling sad.

    Ben 4th grade ;)-<

    ReplyDelete
  119. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I hope yau have a good retirement!
    I remembered when we where doing something with the kindergarden buddy to do a project and a piece of thred (that was atached to the string) got stuck to your finger and you said, " If you get in my class it will be magical!" And you where definetly coerrect! Thank you for a great 2nd grade!

    Lerin 4th grade

    ReplyDelete
  120. I had Mrs. Bowen and Mrs. Metzler and loved them both. I'm super sad that they are retiring.
    Mrs. Bowen helped me in many ways. She made feel comfortable at Wilder going ful day. I also remember the desk fairy. The desk fairy gives you candy if you had a clean desk. She was also so funny. Thank you so much for what you've done Mrs. Bowen!! :)

    Mrs. Metzeler did the same. Some people say she's mean, but truth is thta they have never had her. If you're a good kid who listens and gets your homework turned in on time, then she's like a miracle. But if you are one of the, well, not so good kids, she will do something about it. She also taught me how to knit. I love kniting now!! Thank you so much Mrs. Metzeler!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  121. I will really miss all of the teachers next year.I had Mrs.Bowen as a 1st grade teacher,I had Mrs.Metzler as a kniting teacher,and my sister had Mrs.Burcham for 5th grade.I loved having Mrs.Bowen for 1st grade she was so nice.I remember all the great books Mrs.Bowen read to the class.I loved kniting class with Mrs. Metzler, she was so nice. I know my sister loved having Mrs. Burcham for 5th grade.

    Love'
    Sarah Engel 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  122. I am very sad Mrs. Burcham is leaving. Sure, I have not been in 5th grade yet, but my brother Nick had her. He said many great things about her like she is super fun, does cool things with her students, and is always willing to help. Mrs. Burcham seemed very nice and I wanted her for 5th grade. It is sad she is leaving because most teachers much very older than Mrs. Burcham is. Mrs. burcham was a good teacher to my brother and friends. Sincerely, Chris Ferrari Friesen/Hathorne

    ReplyDelete
  123. All you teachers are great. The whole school will miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  124. I love Mrs.Omally cause she is so nice.

    Constance.

    ReplyDelete
  125. I loved to go to social studies to learn about the early litton it was very fun when you were learning about early litton.

    from:Annabel

    ReplyDelete
  126. I love Mrs.Omally she is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  127. I remember when Mrs.Mezler started crying teers of joy because my friend Derek is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  128. Mrs.Bowen was the best first grade teacher.She tought me how to put words in alphabetical order.Whenever she tought me somthing she thought of a fun way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I had so much fun in math with you.I remember when we played all around the world.You are a great teacher!I will miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  130. I rember Ms.O`maly from social studdies. She tought us about piners and how they uset to live.she tought us about maps and globs.Jaden

    ReplyDelete
  131. I loved when mrs metzler teached sciance when mr.cain was gone. She was very nice and funny.I will miss her a lot.from Jared

    ReplyDelete
  132. I love Mrs.O'Malley because she is nice. She gives you candy when you get an answer right.

    ReplyDelete
  133. I remember having a fun time. I love having you as a teacher for social studies. I think you are the best social studies teacher.

    From,
    Anders.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Mrs. O'Mally I really like when you tech us about Littleton.Mrs.Metzlar I like haveing reading class with you.I really liked second grade and I will miss you.
    Van

    ReplyDelete
  135. For social studies I go to mrs o'malley she is a grate teacher .I wish she didn't have to go! I will miss her alot. I remember her handing out candy. mrs. o'malley is a great teacher she tought 2nd grade.I hope her last year will be her best.

    love lauren

    ReplyDelete
  136. I will miss Mrs.Bowen. I loved how she told us stories.We read Elmer and The Dragon series. She tought us to put words in ABC order.I loved 1st grade.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Dear Mrs.O`maly you are my favorite social studies teacher.My favorite subjic was maps and globes.I am sad that you are leving . From Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  138. Dear Mrs.Metzler,
    I had so much fun in math with you. I remember playing all around the world. You are a great teacher. I will miss you a lot.
    From:Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  139. I remember when Miss o'Malley taught us about Littelton. Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  140. I love Mrs.O'Malley because she is nice. She gives you candy when you get an answer right.
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  141. I remember when I have Mrs.O'Malley for social studies it was fun having her teaching. I wish she can teach me more.I am cana miss having social studies with you alot. Bye. From Tracy seocond grade

    ReplyDelete
  142. I love Ms.Bowen alot. I will miss you a ton. You are the best teacher ever!!!! I totaly recommend her.I love Ms.Bowen!!!!!!!!! LOVE,LIAM

    ReplyDelete
  143. Dear Mrs.O'Malley,
    I'm really going to miss you.I will aiways remember the time when we did social studies together.Itwas really fun!I hope you have a good retirement!


    Caitlin 2nd grade

    ReplyDelete
  144. Dear Mrs.O'Malley,
    I will always remember you as a great,nice and funny teacher.I love it when you gave us candy when we got a question right.
    Love,Tate

    ReplyDelete
  145. I miss Mrs.Burchum becauseshe is my sister taylor's teacher.Mrs burchum is also very helpful.She is really nice too.She helps my sister with her homework.I'll miss her alot Branson2

    ReplyDelete
  146. I had mrs bowen for first grade and i remember i had first place alot in exelerated reader and she kept having to make up new prizes for me she will give me memories for years to come. I got desk fairy prizes alot my desk was neat and organized it still is. I will miss mrs bowen so much i remember the last day of school with her i started to cry cause i didnt want to leave her mrs bowen was one of the best teachers there could of been i am very sad that you have to leave.Are you going back to conniticit when you leave.You have the cutest grandauter.I hope you have a great rest.

    Paige second grade

    ReplyDelete
  147. Dear Mrs O'Malley, I am going to miss you and I will always remember social stories with you. Your funny , nice, and smart. I love tht about you. Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  148. I am going to miss the teachers especially Miss.Omally she tot me about colonial times Donovan second grade

    ReplyDelete
  149. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad that Mrs.Bowen,Mrs.O Mally,Mrs.Burchum and Mrs.Metzler.I hope they have the best and ast week of there LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  150. I love you teachers for
    helping me out through
    these years!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  151. All of the teachers that are retiring are wonderful but I am going to talk about just two of them; Mrs.Metzler and Mrs.Burcham. I didn’t have Mrs.Metzler but my brother does and I know how nice she is. Michael, my brother, and Mrs.Metzler have the same birthday and so she said she would ask Mr.Metzler to bring them a special lunch. Mrs.Burcham is a great teacher and she has good discipline and a good sense of humor. She also is a wonderful fifth grade teacher. I liked that Mrs.Burcham didn’t yell too loud like some teachers, but those loud teachers aren’t at wilder! I think being in Mrs.Burcham’s class was a wonderful way to end wilder!
    Emily 5th

    ReplyDelete
  152. Every one of the teachers but one that are retiring I have been in a class with so I know that they are all amazing. But Mrs.Burcham is my teacher this year so I’m going to write about her. Mrs.Burcham is a great teacher and everyone who I know that had her has really liked her. She is really good at teaching and if you have a problem she does whatever it takes to solve it. And because she has so many years of experience she knows every way to solve a problem. Another thing that I like about Mrs.Burcham is that she is a little strict but at the same time she is an extremely nice teacher. You really can’t dislike Mrs.Burcham because of her kindness, caring, and her dedication. I have loved spending a year in school with Mrs.Burcham and I wish her a happy retirement.

    5th grade AB B-2

    ReplyDelete
  153. Mrs. Burcham was an awesome teacher! She taught us many great skills in a way that made them fun. Mrs. Burcham always helped us and answered all our questions. She made sure no one was left behind. I want to thank her for helping me catch up when I first moved here. She was a kind and great teacher. I am very grateful that I was in her class, and I know I’ll miss her in middle school. She was definitely one of my favorite teachers.
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  154. Wow!! I can not pick a favorite teacher but I can pick one of the nicest teacher and it is Mrs.Burcham. Mrs.Burcham is nice, cool, and funny. I also like how she prepares us for a test. She gives us books to read for reading that are not boring. I wish that next years class could have her too because she would be good for one more year. She is so nice, I think she should have been on 9teachers how care. I will miss Mrs.Bucham a lot!!! She is one of the best and one of a kind.
    Lauren B#3

    ReplyDelete
  155. My favorite teacher of all time was Mrs. Burcham. Mrs. Burcham is the kindest teacher I have ever had. I will miss her very much, when I go to middle school. She has taught me a lot this year, in math and in science. Unfortunately, I only had her a couple times in reading. Even though I am going to middle school, she will always be my favorite teacher. All in all I am very glad to of had a very kind teacher for my last year of elementary school. Nick

    ReplyDelete
  156. Mrs. Burcham, was my favorite teacher all throughout Wilder Elementary. I have experienced many teachers throughout Wilder and Mrs. Burcham is my favorite teacher no matter what. Mrs. Burcham has taught me many facts about Science and some math even though she was not my math teacher. I am very thankful for finishing my year out with awesome teacher. Also, thank you so much for being my reading teacher. Over all you were the best teacher I have ever had.
    Skyler

    ReplyDelete
  157. Even though we all have had some pretty good teachers, I think everyone who’s had Mrs. Burcham will definitely say she was the best. We’ve all had memorable moments with her, but I know that my most memorable moment was when I found out she was Team Jacob. I was surprised my teacher would even know what I was talking about!! But after my friend and I found out what team she was, we both thought we had the coolest teacher. That may seem like that’s a pretty weird favorite moment, I’m happy to say that it happened and even happier to say that it happened with Mrs. Burcham. WE LOVE YOU MRS. BURCHAM!!!
    -Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  158. Dear Mrs. Burcham,
    Even though this was my first year here at Wilder, I knew that the education I would get would come from a good teacher. And my first day here, I thought I would have to repeat 5th grade because this school is such a higher level. So I thought Mrs. Burcham taught me good. And for that, I thank ALL my 5th grade teachers, but Mrs. Burcham the most.

    ReplyDelete
  159. Dear Mrs. Burcham
    Mrs. Burcham you were a great teacher. You always had us laughing. You were also very nice. You never were yelling at us unless we were out of control. You would always help us if we were having trouble with something so its always hard to see a teacher retire and you have only seen them for a year because that’s all you get to see a person. So I’m just saying goodbye . Zach I.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Mrs. Burcham was one of the most encouraging teacher, and my favorite teacher. She has changed my life she will always remain in my heart, she always had faith in me and no matter how bad I mess up she always believed in me, she was strict but a warm-hearted, kind, and forgiving lady. Like I said before I will always miss her with all of my heart.
    From,
    Zachary J.

    ReplyDelete
  161. Well the years at Wilder have gone by quickly, but I am soo ready for middle school. I have had very, very, very good times here with all the different teachers. Seeing all the teachers retiring it makes me sad to see them go. Mrs. Burcham: though I have only really gotten know you throughout the 5th grade, I am so happy that I got you for 5th grade. You kept me on track with my talking, and were a very nice person to walk into school to every morning. It stinks that I only had you for science, math, and homeroom (sometimes reading), but at least I made the most of the time. I love that you always had a nice attitude, and that you watched GLEE and were for team Jacob. Don’t forget, teaching or “spoon feeding” us test studying material and making sure if we got a bad grade, we could retake. Thanks for the great year!! I am going to MISS YOU!! Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  162. All my years at Wilder, I never had a better teacher than you Mrs. Burcham, and I am going to miss you soooo much. My favorite part of this year with you is when we had T.T.T. and I got to bowl with you and Mrs. Ryan. I also liked when you took our class to Young AmeriTown. I am going to miss you and I’m not going to get to visit you when my siblings are still here. Maybe we can get together in the summer! CJ

    ReplyDelete
  163. Giezi
    Dear Mrs. Burcham, I will miss you and I will never forget you and what a excellent teacher you were and how you helped us when we needed it. I will never forget going with you to Young Ameritown and being the flight instructor and I will miss it her at wilder.

    ReplyDelete
  164. Dear Mrs.Burcham, You are a very kind, caring, amazing teacher and I will be sure to miss you. I remember all the fun times we had as a class (Such As) Young AmeriTowne, Dissections, and so much more. I thought I could come back and visit you next year (Frown) but I can’t. You made the year not impossible, but perfect. You made school entertaining and fun. I never wanted to miss a day of school, because I knew I could count on you. You are an amazing teacher; I bet you can conquer anything. You prepare every student for middle school, just the perfect way. At my six years at Wilder you have been my favorite homeroom teacher. I will never forget you, and your magical teaching ways. I just want to say Thank You, THANK YOU for all your help along the way. You are the best.
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  165. Dear Mrs.Burcham, you were the best teacher ever. You helped me get ready for middle school. I LOVED and I mean LOVED YoungAmeriTowne. I loved how you could go around and not only sell stuff to people but also how you could actually buy stuff. Like a soda or a toy or a song request. Plus you helped me to learn the stars and universe, the body, and the electric circuits. Well now I just want to say good bye.
    Roman

    ReplyDelete
  166. Mrs. Burcham, you make me laugh because you are so funny. I love the way you talk with an accent on your ‘a.’ Especially the word ‘washer’, the way you say that word. That is one of my best memories of you being my teacher this year. Another memory I like is when we were going to dissect the lamb’s pluck. I said my dad (who was helping) was good with gross things and you just wrote him down as ‘extra pair of hands.’ That made me laugh. You are an amazing teacher and I am sad that next year’s fifth graders won’t get to have you next year. I know they would just love you as a teacher.
    R.P 18

    ReplyDelete
  167. DEAR MRS. BURCHAM
    THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR TEACHER THIS YEAR.
    WE HAD LOTS OF FUN THIS YEAR. I GOT TO DO DISECTING, ELECTRISITY, AND STARS. WE WILL ALL MISS YOU VERY MUCH.

    FROM DOMINIC

    ReplyDelete
  168. Dear Ms. Burcham,
    You were an awesome teacher and good at teaching
    Children. Thank you for all the important things you tout
    Us. We’ll miss you
    From,
    Colin R. B-20

    ReplyDelete
  169. I had a really good 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Burcham. There are a lot of reasons that she was a great teacher. Mrs. Burcham was always being positive and supportive. She was always helping kids learn when they didn’t understand something. Mrs. Burcham was very kind and had a good sense of humor. I’m so happy she was my teacher this year. It was a great one. Happy retirement Mrs. Burcham!
    WS B-22

    ReplyDelete
  170. Dear Mrs. Burcham
    I have had a great year with you. You helped me through my surgery and got me caught up. You’re an awesome teacher and one of the best I’ve had. I had a tough time with my stomach issues and you helped me to still feel like I was going to school. It has been a great year with lots of fun activities. You helped me all the way through these last couple months and I thank you for that.
    Once again thank you so much
    Shelly T #24 Burcham

    ReplyDelete
  171. Dear Mrs. Burcham,
    You made my 5th grade year the best year I’ve ever had at wilder. Thank you for everything you have done. I remember when we dissected a lambs heart, and the smell was so horrible I had to stay outside half the time…but it was still really fun. I remember when we went to Young Ameritowne and I worked at the newspaper place. Even though I didn’t really type at all, I got to run around in town and buy everything, and I used all of you money up. I remember all the times that our class couldn’t line up and we had to stay in at lunch to practice lining up. I wasn’t in your class very much but I still knew that you were the best teacher I had in my 5th grade year. I hope you have a good retirement and I will miss you.
    From,
    CVO B-25

    ReplyDelete
  172. Dear Mrs. Burcham,
    I remember when we dissected different animals and thank you for teaching me in 5th grade and yeah so…
    From,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  173. Dear Mrs. Burcham
    Mrs. Burcham, you have made my last year at Wilder fun. Some ways you have done that is when we dissected you would just be even more into it than the toughest boys. It was pretty funny. I liked how in science you would try your best to make science fun and get to all the activities. I hope you have a great retirement and have a great end of the year
    Cooper W. B-27

    ReplyDelete
  174. Caitlyn Mrs. Burcham’s Class

    Dear Mrs. Burcham you were the best teacher in the whole Wilder school. You have made my last year at wilder and we will miss you so much so will the students in the fourth grade going into the fifth grade like us. My favorite thing we did with you was the constellations and learning about the stars. You were the best science teacher in the whole school and you were the best reading teacher in the whole world as well and you taught me to read more though the whole school year and you when we had the parent teacher conference you said some good things about me though the school year. So over all you were the best teacher to me and the rest of the class.

    WE WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH

    FROM CAITLYN

    ReplyDelete
  175. Mrs. Burcham is the coolest teacher. She would be
    a great communicator and a great helper. I remember
    when we dissected and she didn’t care about the smell
    Because she had done it a million times all ready. Mrs.
    O’Malley was my S.S teacher in second grade. We learned
    about Littleton and colonial times. I didn’t have Mrs. Bowen
    or Mrs. Metzlar but I bet they are really nice teachers. I will
    miss all teachers so this is good bye.
    Tessa B-5

    ReplyDelete